This is one of my favourite kuih. Sometimes, I called it Penyu Berendam... hehehe
The skin (kulit) :
1kg glutinous rice flour (tepung pulut)
Enough water to make a soft dough
a bit of salt
green colouring (artificial/daun pandan)
The Gravy (kuah) :
1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk @ santan (**kalau beli kat kedai lebih kurang RM1)
* Added a bit of salt
The filling (inti) :
1 coconut ~ grated (kelapa muda tau..)
Enough water to make it thicken
1/2 cup sugar /brown sugar
1. Prepare the steamer.
2. To prepare the filling : Place all ingredients in a pot and cook till thickens & browny. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Then, roll them into small balls.
3. To prepare the skin : Place the glutinous flour in a bowl. Put enough water, a bit of salt and few drop of green coloring. Mix together to form soft and smooth dough.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and flatten it. Place a bit of filling and cover.
5. Make some line on top of the dough ball. (so my badak berendam wont look so plain..& also why i called this kuih as 'penyu berendam'. bcoz sometimes they look like turtles hahahaha)
6. Arrange the prepared dough with filling onto a banana leave(i dont have banana leave this time) on the steamer. Steam for 5-7 minutes.
7. Then pour the gravy and steam for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Ready to eat
MENGIDAM MI HOON SOTO JOHOR
2 days ago